NATURAL IODINE FROM ORGANIC KELP
Our iodine capsules contain organic kelp sourced from the pristine and remote Scottish Outer Hebrides. The brown seaweed is rich in a variety of minerals and is especially known for its exceptionally high iodine content. The advantage of natural, organically bound iodine is its high bioavailability and bioactivity than synthetic forms; meaning it is more efficiently absorbed, stored and utilized by the body.
We chose to dose with care. Our capsules contain 150 mcg of iodine, which equals 100% of the daily recommendation. Highly dosed iodine supplements with 200 mcg or more can have detrimental side effects like diarrhoea, a burning sensation in the mouth, nausea, vomiting and more.
Algae from open waters are often contaminated with harmful substances. That is why we only use seaweed from organic cultivation, which is free from microbial contamination as well as pesticides and heavy metal residues.
THE IMPORTANCE OF IODINE
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels
- Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal hair
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Contributes to normal hair pigmentation
- Contributes to normal skin pigmentation
- Contributes to the normal thyroid function
- Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- The main food sources of iodine are fish, mussels and algae, followed by milk, eggs, meat and cereals.
- Fruits and vegetables may also contain it, but the amount greatly depends on the concentration of iodine in the soil on which they are grown, the use of fertilizers and irrigation practices.
- Due to the high variability in iodine concentrations, the amounts of iodine in food are often not sufficient to meet the body's needs.
GOOD TO KNOW
|Shipping weight:||0,07 kg|
|Ingredients:||Ascophyllum nodosum* powder, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) *from controlled organic cultivation|
|Note:||The recommended dose should not be exceeded. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Consult your healthcare practitioner before taking the supplement if you have an overactive thyroid, an allergy to iodine or Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry and dark place.|
|Directions:||Take 1 capsule daily with sufficient food and liquid.|