ORGANIC MACA – THE SUPERFOOD OF THE ANDES
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a small turnip-like root grown at altitudes over 4000 metres in the Peruvian Andes. About 2000 years ago the bulbous roots of the plant were already used by the Incas. Nowadays, maca is considered a very popular and powerful superfood. And with good reason: Maca is characterized by an almost complete amino acid profile and an abundance of various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – including calcium, potassium, B vitamins, and iron.
For our maca capsules we use only high-quality maca from organic cultivation in Peru. Our product is quite unique as it provides not only one type of maca but a mixture of four different roots: Red, yellow, purple, and black maca. Thus, our maca capsules offer a unique nutritional profile. Naturally, no pesticides were used during the cultivation process. To ensure optimal quality, we also test our maca powder for various impurities, including microbial contamination, as well as pesticide, heavy metal, and aluminum residues.
SPECIALLY DEVELOPED FOR
- Maca roots are highly nutritious and are thus thought to have a variety of health benefits.
- Maca is considered energy-promoting and may positively influence libido in both men and women, among other things.
- Maca is an “adaptogen”, a natural substance that helps the body adapt to different forms of stress.
GOOD TO KNOW
- In Peru, maca roots are fermented into a drink called maca chicha.
- Maca is also called Peruvian ginseng.
|Shipping weight:||0,14 kg|
|Ingredients:||Maca (Lepidium meyenii) root powder yellow (25%), red (25%), purple (25%) and black (25%) from controlled organic cultivation, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)|
|Note:||The recommended dose should not be exceeded. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry and dark place.|
|Directions:||Take 2 capsules twice daily with sufficient liquid and food.|