MACA ROOT – THE SUPERFOOD OF THE ANDES
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a small turnip-like root grown at altitudes over 4000 metres in the Peruvian Andes. About 2000 years ago the bulbous roots of the plant were already used by the Incas. Nowadays, maca is considered a very popular and powerful superfood. And with good reason: Maca is characterised by an almost complete amino acid profile and an abundance of various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – including calcium, potassium, B vitamins, and iron.
For our maca capsules we use only high-quality maca from Peru. Our product is highly dosed with 700 mg Maca extract (5-6:1) per capsule which corresponds to about 3500-4200 mg Maca Powder. To ensure optimal quality, we also test our maca powder for various impurities, including microbial contamination, as well as heavy metal and aluminium residues. Of course, our product is without additives and is suitable for Vegans.
SPECIALLY DEVELOPED FOR
- Maca roots are highly nutritious and are thus thought to have a variety of health benefits.
- Maca is considered energy-promoting and may positively influence libido in both men and women, among other things.
- Maca is an “adaptogen”, a natural substance that helps the body adapt to different forms of stress.
GOOD TO KNOW
- In Peru, maca roots are fermented into a drink called maca chicha.
- Maca is also called Peruvian ginseng.
|Shipping weight:||0,19 kg|
|Ingredients:||Maca (Lepidium meyenii) root extract, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)|
|Note:||The recommended dose should not be exceeded. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry and dark place.|
|Directions:||Take 1 capsule daily with sufficient food and liquid.|