MSM PLUS VITAMIN C
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organosulfur compound. Being one of the most common elements in the body, sulfur plays an important role for our health. It is necessary for the formation of collagen and keratin, which are basic building blocks of our hair, cartilage and nails. The element is also a component of chondroitin sulphate, which gives our cartilages and joints mobility and stability.
Not all MSM is created equal. We use a high-quality, 99.9% pure raw material with a high mesh factor (40-80). It is produced by an elaborate distillation process, resulting in an exceptionally fine-grained structure. MSM can be quite bitter, making our capsules and ideal alternative to MSM powder.
We combine the MSM with natural vitamin C from the acerola cherry - and not with synthetic ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is an important vitamin that contributes to the formation of collagen for normal skin and cartilage function. In addition, the vitamin helps to protect the cells from oxidative stress.
THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN C
- contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, skin, bones, cartilage and teeth.
- contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and psychological function.
- contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
GOOD TO KNOW
- MSM is also found in plants but in rather microscopic amounts. For producing 1 kg of MSM several trees would need to be chopped down and processed.
- The sulfur content in the body is 0.2%. Thus, we are made up of 5 times more sulfur than magnesium and 40 times more sulfur than iron.