NATURAL VITAMIN & MINERAL COMPLEX FOR VEGANS
Except for vitamin B12, it is generally possible to cover all important nutrients on a balanced vegan diet. Depending on lifestyle choices or other circumstances, it is sometimes useful or necessary to supplement additional vitamins or minerals. Potentially critical nutrients for people following a plant-based diet include iron, selenium, iodine, zinc, vitamin B2, K2 and D3, as well as omega-3. Therefore, we added those nutrients to our Vegan Essentials Complex.
Our supplement is unique as we exclusively rely on vitamins and minerals from natural sources. The iodine and omega 3 are derived from algae, the iron comes from curry leaves and our selenium from mustard seeds. The vitamin D3 is extracted from lichen. We also added fermentation-based vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), B2 and K2 (VITAMK7®*), plus zinc from inactivated yeast. These whole-food vitamin and mineral sources do not only provide highly bioavailable forms of the mentioned nutrients but also a range of other beneficial phytonutrients.
*VITAMK7® is a Regsitered Trademark of Gnosis S.p.A
THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN B12, B2 & D3, K2; IRON, IODINE, SELENIUM, ZINC AND DHA
- contribute to normal function of red blood cells
- contribute to the maintenance of normal skin
- contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- contribute to normal functioning of the nervous system
- contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
- contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- contribute to normal muscle function
- contribute to the maintenance of normal hair and vision
GOOD TO KNOW
- The absorption rate of B12 in the intestine is very low. This is why most B12 supplements offer a rather high dose to ensure that the daily requirements are met.
- Iron is better absorbed when combined with vitamin C. Therefore, we recommend taking the supplement together with a vitamin C-rich meal.