Magnesium – A multifunctional mineral
While Magnesium is an essential nutrient, it is also the 4th most abundant mineral in the body, with more than 90% of total body magnesium found in the bones and muscles. The element is a cofactor in over 300 biological reactions which explains its involvement in a large number of bodily processes, including the nervous system, muscle function, maintenance of bones and teeth, electrolyte balance, and energy-yielding metabolism. As it cannot be produced in the body, it is crucial to ensure a sufficient supply of magnesium through the diet. However, studies suggest that around 60-80% of adults do not get enough magnesium. Endurance athletes, elderly people, and people who follow an unbalanced diet especially have an increased risk of not meeting their daily magnesium needs. A deficiency may lead to muscle cramps, lack of appetite, headaches, fatigue, and more serious conditions such as abnormal heart rhythms.
Magnesium from Sea Water
Many manufacturers often rely on forms of magnesium that are highly processed or synthetic. We selected a natural source of magnesium for our product: The unique, high-quality raw material Aquamin™ Mg with marine magnesium sustainably derived from the clean waters off the Irish coast. This multi-mineral complex contains over 70 trace minerals and elements, including more than 30% magnesium. This natural form of magnesium was shown to have superior bioavailability and biological activity compared to other forms. Other manufacturers of low-quality magnesium supplements often advertise a very high dosage. Since our magnesium is more efficiently absorbed and utilised in the body, it doesn’t require a high dose to ensure an adequate supply of magnesium to complement the amount taken up through food.
MAGNESIUM: THE ALL-ROUNDER MINERAL
- contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- contributes to normal psychological function
- contributes to normal muscle function
- Take 1 tablet 1-2 hours before going to bed
- The tablets can be split in half for a lower dosage
- Avoid taking it with coffee, team alcohol, or calcium supplements
- Athletes: Right before a workout ->to improve performance, energy utilisation, and electrolyte balance (sweating!)
- Fibre-rich food sources (fruits, vegetables, grains) can increase magnesium absorption
- Main natural plant-based sources: spinach, nuts, seeds. So, people eating unbalanced diets which rely mostly on processed foods may experience symptoms of deficiency (e.g. muscle cramps, abnormal heart rhythms, headaches, lack of appetite, fatigue)
GOOD TO KNOW
|Type of ingredients:
|Marine magnesium (magnesium hydroxide), fully hydrogenated fat from rapeseed
|The recommended dose should not be exceeded. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry and dark place.
|Take 1 tablet daily with sufficient liquid during a meal.