YOU EAT THE HEART, WE TAKE THE LEAVES
In contrast to artichoke hearts, the leaves are quite tough which is why they are usually not consumed. Nevertheless, artichoke leaves should not be overlooked as they are rich in a variety of unique and valuable phytonutrients.
For our organic artichoke supplement, we chose a high-strength artichoke leaf extract (20:1) from certified- & controlled organic farming in France, making our supplement non-GMO and free from pesticides. Additionally, using an extract and not a simple powder ensures a high concentration of important bioactive components found in the leaves. Moreover, our extract is standardised to 2.5% cynarine, which is one of the main bitter phytocompounds found in artichokes. Of course, we didn’t add any artificial additives like microcrystalline cellulose or gelatine, keeping our product natural and suitable for vegans!
- Artichoke is a powerful thistle which ranks amongst the most antioxidant-rich vegetables. The leaves are a great source of different phytocompounds like caffeic acids (chlorogenic acid, rosmarinic acid and cynarine) and luteolin.
- In traditional medicine, artichokes have been primarily used for supporting liver function. The ancient Greeks and Romans regarded the artichoke as a valuable digestive aid.
GOOD TO KNOW
- In the Middle Ages in Europe, the artichoke was consumed primarily by the royal and the rich.
- In the early 1900s, French scientists began to investigate the traditional medicinal uses of the artichoke. Later, Italian scientists isolated cynarine from artichoke leaves.
- Until the 16th century, women were prohibited from eating them in many countries because they were considered to have aphrodisiac properties.
- In Castroville in 1948 Marilyn Monroe was crowned California's first ""Artichoke Queen"".
|Artichoke* (Cynara scolymus) leaf extract, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) *from controlled organic farming
|The recommended dose should not be exceeded. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Not suitable for children under the age of 12 years. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry and dark place.
|Take 2 capsules daily with sufficient liquid and food.